A High Security Registration Plate (HSRP) is a specialized type of vehicle registration plate aimed at bolstering security measures and thwarting counterfeit activities. It is equipped with advanced features including a chromium-based hologram, a laser-branded permanent identification number, and a self-destructive sticker containing the engine and chassis numbers of the vehicle.
The primary objective of HSRPs is to render vehicle registration plates resistant to tampering or replication, thereby elevating the overall security and legitimacy of vehicle identification. By implementing these robust security features, HSRPs contribute significantly to safeguarding vehicles against fraudulent practices.
How To Apply For A High Security Number Plate Online?
To apply for a High Security Registration Plate (HSRP) online, you can follow these general steps based on the information found:
- Visit the official website for HSRP, such as bookmyhsrp.com.
- “Replacement Booking” or “Apply for a Replacement.” These options could potentially help with any required changes or substitutions.
- Fill in the online application form with the necessary details, which may include the vehicle information, owner name, vehicle number, and vehicle class.
- Pay the required fee for the new number plate, which typically includes a charge for the HSRP and an additional fee for color coding.
HSRP Number Plates For Old/New Vehicles
For both old and new vehicles, getting High Security Registration Plates (HSRPs) typically involves following a similar process, but with some differences based on whether the vehicle is already registered or is being registered for the first time. Here’s a general overview:
For Old Vehicles
- Check the official website for HSRP in your region to see if there are specific guidelines for existing vehicles.
- Look for information related to “Replacement Booking” or “Apply for a Replacement” on the website.
- Fill in the online application form with the required details, which may include vehicle information, owner details, and vehicle registration particulars.
- Pay the necessary fee for the replacement HSRP.
For New Vehicles
- During the vehicle registration process, inquire about the procedure for obtaining HSRPs.
- Typically, the HSRP application and payment are included as part of the vehicle registration process for new vehicles.
What Is The HSRP Colour-Coded Sticker?
The HSRP color-coded sticker serves as an essential element in vehicle identification and compliance with fuel type and emission norms. The sticker, typically displayed on the vehicle’s windscreen, indicates crucial information such as the fuel type and the Bharat Stage (BS) emission standard of the vehicle. Additionally, these color-coded stickers are used to identify the age of a car in certain regions, where older vehicles may have restrictions on usage based on the year of manufacture.
The cost of obtaining HSRP and color-coded stickers can vary depending on the category of the vehicle, with estimates indicating costs of up to Rs 1,100.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The High Security Registration Plate (HSRP) is a tamper-proof number plate that is designed to enhance the security and integrity of vehicle registration plates. It typically includes features such as a chromium-based hologram and laser-branding of a permanent identification number.
HSRPs play a crucial role in curbing vehicle theft, counterfeit plates, and unauthorized use of vehicles. They also contribute to improved road safety and law enforcement efforts.
To apply for HSRP, vehicle owners can typically visit the official HSRP website for their region and follow the outlined process for online application and fee payment.
Color-coded stickers are complemented with HSRPs and provide information about the vehicle’s fuel type, Bharat Stage (BS) emission standard, and age of the vehicle in certain regions.
The implementation of High Security Registration Plates (HSRPs) and color-coded stickers serves as a critical measure in improving vehicle security, enhancing law enforcement capabilities, and promoting road safety.
These initiatives are essential components of modernizing vehicle registration and identification systems, and they play a pivotal role in ensuring compliance with regulatory standards. Vehicle owners are encouraged to adhere to the prescribed guidelines for obtaining HSRPs and color-coded stickers to contribute to a safer and more secure road environment.